Look Forward to Your Dental Visit!
Personalized care for you and your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Greenville
A smile is a valuable asset that brightens up your face and breathes life to those around you. Unfortunately, some people go around life hiding this precious asset since their teeth may be stained, worn out, discolored, chipped, or misaligned. However, it does not have to be so. At Trail West Family Dentistry, we are fully equipped with all the modern equipment in cosmetic dentistry to easily restore your pearly whites back to their former glory.
Does Trail West Family Dentistry Have Any Special Training in Cosmetic Dentistry?
Absolutely yes. At our modern and serene dental clinic you will find Dr. Phillip Gould, who received specialized training in cosmetic dentistry from Medical University of South Carolina, College of Dental Medicine. Together with Dr. Terry Willis, the two are highly experienced in handling a wide range of dental problems in a professional and ethical manner.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist
To guarantee you get the results you are looking for, there are a few factors that you should check with your cosmetic dentist before going in for the procedure.
- Catalog of previous work – Previous work is more of an assurance that the dentist actually knows what they are doing. This way, you get an idea of what kind of results you can expect.
- The dentist’s specialty –For best results, you want to go for a dentist who has specialized in doing procedures for the particular condition you have.
- Cost of the procedure – most of these procedures will be pricey. Therefore, if you are working on a budget, ensure that the dentist has a payment plan that is convenient for you.
- Technologies they use – you want to choose a dentist with the latest technologies. This way, you get more precise results much quicker.
Difference between Cosmetic and General Dentistry?
General dentistry and cosmetic dentistry share many similarities. In fact, a cosmetic dentist will go through the same education and training as a general dentist. However, the difference comes in that a cosmetic dentist specialized in procedures that restore your teeth’ appearance.
For this, they’ll have to go through extra training in the field of cosmetics to learn what procedures can achieve the best results in making you look good. On the other hand, general dentistry mainly deals with the prevention or treatment of oral diseases like cavities and gum disease.
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Do?
Cosmetic dentistry can achieve wonders in restoring the appearance of damaged teeth. The right procedure can easily clear deformities such as misaligned teeth and discoloration and restore them to their original natural state – that is, white and straight. Most of the conditions treatable with cosmetic dentistry are centered on the aesthetics of your teeth and oral appearance. Meaning you can probably live comfortably with such conditions without any major discomfort or pain.
Conditions falling under this category include:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Broken or misshapen teeth
- Worn out teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Tooth gaps.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Offered at Trail West Family Dentistry
At Trail West Family Dentistry, we strive to correct your dental appearance using advanced and sophisticated technology. The most common aesthetic dentistry procedures used for this include:
- Dental veneers – This procedure is mainly used to repair chips and cracks in your teeth. It can also treat tooth discoloration and wear. Usually, it involves sticking thin shells of composite or porcelain on the surface of your tooth.
- Teeth whitening – Teeth whitening is the simplest procedure you can have to brighten your smile. And it’s not just the smokers who need whitening. Most people stain their teeth without knowing through foods, drinks like coffee and tea. Ideally, your dentist will use bleach to do the whitening.
- Composite Bonding – This is where a composite material is pasted on your tooth, then sculpted and shaped, then hardened to blend in with the tooth. Composite bonding is commonly used to repair broken, chipped, or decayed teeth.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are artificial teeth fitted in to replace lost teeth. They are mainly recommended for severely rotten teeth
- Clear Aligner Therapy – Clear Express is an alternative to traditional braces that uses a clear plastic tray to gradually shift your teeth into alignment. Clear Aligner Therapy is more comfortable, convenient, and offers faster treatment times than traditional metal braces.
• Full mouth reconstruction – Here, the dentist will correct any problems that affect general oral functionality. This includes anything deforming your bone structure, bite, or mouth muscles.
Can Really Bad Teeth be Fixed?
At Trail West Family Dentistry, our highly trained doctors can help fix even the worst teeth. Our modern and safe dental clinic has all the necessary equipment to handle almost every type of dental problem out there. Our able team will help feel comfortable and assist you in every possible way to ensure even terrible teeth get fixed quickly and as painlessly as possible.
We Are Here For You
At Trail West Family Dentistry, we are committed to excellence in the dental practice. Our doors are always open to clients from Greenville and surrounding areas.
Are you ready to bring your sparkling smile back? Call 864-246-6471 to schedule a cosmetic and family dentist appointment. Let’s hold your hand in the journey to superb dental health.