Look Forward to Your Dental Visit!
Personalized care for you and your smile.
Teeth Bonding in Greenville, SC
Everyone deserves to have a beautiful, healthy smile. Unfortunately, few people are born with perfect teeth. If you have a damaged smile, the trusted dental team at Trail West Family Dentistry can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted with restorative and cosmetic dental treatments, including composite bonding. Here’s everything you need to know about how dental bonding could enhance your smile before scheduling a consultation with Dr. Gould.
What is Tooth Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic treatment in which tooth-colored composite resin is used to quickly, comfortably, and conveniently alter the color, size, and shape of teeth. Tooth bonding can resolve many oral health concerns, such as:
- Restoring chipped or cracked teeth
- Filling in tooth decay
- Close in the gaps between teeth
- Improve the color of stained teeth
- Make teeth appear longer
- Replace noticeable silver tooth fillings
- Protect the root of a tooth exposed by gum recession
The best candidate for dental bonding is a person who has minor aesthetic oral health concerns and practices good oral health habits.
Dental Bonding Process
There’s no need to prepare for your cosmetic bonding procedure. For most patients, bonding doesn’t require anesthesia unless you’re having a cavity filled. Dental bonding treatments typically last anywhere from thirty minutes to one hour; the length of your appointment will depend on the condition of your teeth and how many of your teeth need to be bonded.
During your tooth bonding procedure at Trail West Family Dentistry, here’s what you can expect:
- After examining your teeth, Dr. Gould will select the appropriate color composite to match the natural color of your teeth.
- Next, he will carefully roughen the surface of your damaged tooth. Then, he’ll coat it with a conditioning liquid to prepare it to be bonded.
- After your tooth has been prepared, Dr. Gould will place a sticky resin material on the tooth and mold it into the ideal shape and size.
- He’ll use a special LED light to quickly bond the resin to your tooth.
- Finally, Dr. Gould will trim and polish the resin to achieve the best aesthetic result possible.
Composite Bonding Care
Good oral health habits are the key to keeping your composite bonding in tip-top shape, including:
- Brushing your teeth two times a day
- Flossing and using mouthwash daily
- Avoid biting down on hard items, such as ice that could damage your bonding
- Visiting the dentist every six months for routine check-ups and cleanings
How Long Does Composite Bonding Last?
The location of the composite bonding in your mouth and your oral hygiene habits will determine how long your composite bonding will last. With excellent oral health habits, it’s common for composite bonding to last anywhere from a few years to as long as a decade.
Dental Bonding Cost
The cost of your dental bonding will depend on a few different factors, like what the bonding is used for and how many teeth are treated. If the bonding is used as a restorative treatment such as a filling, your dental insurance plan will cover a portion of the cost. For more information on your dental insurance plan, please contact our office.
Dental Bonding in Greenville, SC
You don’t have to live with cracked, misshapen, or discolored teeth forever. Dr. Gould and his compassionate team can help you achieve a more attractive smile with dental bonding. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and learn more about cosmetic bonding.